cherub-choir

Who are we?

The St. Andrew’s Cherub Choir is open to children ages 3 through 1st grades.  If your child loves music, loves to sing, play instruments and loves to have a lot of fun…this is their choir.  Come join us as we learn how to serve GOD through the gift he gave us…our voice!

When do we meet?

The Cherub Choir will meet the 3rd Sunday of every month beginning September 18th – May 21st in the chapel during the Sunday school hour of 10:00(am)-11:00(am).  The children will sing a couple of times throughout the year.  I will send more information out via e-mail as those dates approach but the schedule is attached for your convenience.

What will my child learn and what will they be doing?

The Cherub Choir is a place for your child to learn basic music skills, have fun with music and most importantly what it means to serve GOD and our community with the musical talents HE has blessed us with. Our monthly schedule will consist of scripture time which will be based around Pastor Jeff’s sermon series and/or learning of bible verses; singing, dance/hand movements and incorporating instruments as well as prayer/sharing of joys and concerns.  We also make time to fellowship with each other in the chapel and/or sometimes go outside to play.  The Cherub Choir is also a wonderful stepping stone for your child as they grow in their love of music and service to GOD as this choir will prepare them for the Children’s Choir lead by Mandy Kung for children in the 2nd-6th grade.  Please contact Christina “Nina” Roberts, director of the Cherub Choir, with any other questions you may have regarding this wonderful opportunity for your child at 832-785-4385 or e-mail her at nina@sapch.org

How can I help?

The Cherub’s are a group of amazing and awesome kids but they as well have a lot of “energy” and can sometimes be a little “demanding”…so I would love to incorporate a rotation of parent helpers to do things like…potty breaks; help us get lined up; help with scripture reading and just all in all be in the room to help me.  Please contact Christina “Nina” Roberts with any other questions you may have regarding this parent rotation or volunteering at 832-785-4385 or e-mail her at nina@sapch.org 

Personnel

Christina “Nina” Roberts – Director – 832-785-4385

Christy Rowe – Assistant Choir Director

Destiny Fagan – Youth Choir Assistant

join_buttonyoutube-channel-logo

Back to Music Home      Back to Children Home

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2016-2017 Cherub Choir

Important Dates & Performances:

September 18th      Welcome back Cherub’s!!!  Cherub Choir official resumes – 10:00(am) – Chapel
October 16th          Cherub Choir Rehearsal – chapel – 10:00am-11:00am
November 20th       Cherub Choir Rehearsal – chapel – 10:00am-11:00am
November 27th       Cherub Choir sings – 9:30(am) call time…meet in the Sanctuary – 1 combined worship service at 10:00(am)
December 12th       Cherub Choir community outreach – Bayou Manor Assisted Living – meet at Bayou Manor at 6:30(pm)
December 18th       Cherub Choir Rehearsal – chapel – 10:00am-11:00am
December 24th       Family Christmas Eve Service 5:00(pm) – call time TBA – not a Cherub Choir specific event
(Ms. Kelly will send out more information on this)
January 15th          Cherub Choir Rehearsal – chapel – 10:00am-11:00am
February 19th        Cherub Choir Rehearsal – chapel – 10:00am-11:00am
April 9th                  Cherub Choir sings – Palm Sunday – 8:30(am) – call time meet in the chapel – Cherub Choir will sing at BOTH services – 9:00(am) and 11:10(am)
April 16th                EASTER Sunday – no Cherub Choir rehearsal
May 21st                 Last day of Cherub Choir/end of the year PARTY – during our normal Cherub choir time – 10:00-11:00(am)…location TBD